Get a Little Taste of Disney by Recreating These Delicious Disney Treats
If quarantine has you missing your favorite Disney treats, then this is for you.
No need to fret, here is exactly what you need to do to re-create the most delicious treats from the happiest place on earth. On your mark, get set, start baking.
First, we have the classic Mickey Mouse-shaped Beignets. This to die for, powdered doughiness, is a New Orleans Square must-have, that can now be enjoyed in the pure magic of your kitchen. Here’s what you’ll need:
Mickey Mouse-shaped Beignets
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar, shortening, salt, heavy cream, egg, flour and boiling water in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. With the dough hook attachment of an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll to 1/4-inch thickness and cut individual beignets with a Mickey Mouse-shaped cutter or cut into 2 1/2 to 3-inch squares. Cover with a towel and let the dough rise until doubled in size in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Using caution, heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side. Remove with tongs and place on paper towels to drain. Dust warm beignets with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder, while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
For our next favorite recipe, we’ve got only the best churro tots recipe straight from Walt Disney World. Click here or view the video below to get the easy four ingredient video recipe.
Churro Tots from Disney Parks
If you’re not at a Disney park, you can make these right from the comfort of your own kitchen. Check out the recipe video below to learn how to make some del…
And of course, we can’t forget the must-have Dole whip, which is pineapple deliciousness.
Pineapple Dole Whip
- 4 ounces of pineapple juice
- 1 big scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 cups Frozen Pineapple chunks
- Add all 3 ingredients into a blender. Blend until ‘smooth’
- Use a piping bag, or a zip lock bag makes for a great piping bag if you don’t have one, and swirl your pineapple dole whip into your favorite bowl, cone, or cup and enjoy.
So, it’s as simple as these basic recipes. With a little effort, you can be tasting some of the happiest treats on Earth in your own kitchen.