Dole Partners on New Captain Marvel-Inspired Recipes
Carol Danvers is inspiring women globally as Captain Marvel in theaters this month, and Dole is simultaneously celebrating other female superheroes in a very unique way.
Captain Marvel, arrives in theaters March 8, and Dole is simultaneously celebrating other heroic females in health and wellness like Abagail Adams, the first American First Lady to farm, to Full Harvest, Rise Against Hunger and other nutrition and hunger-relief organizations.
Dole’s “Powering the Hero Within” healthy-living initiative (Feb. 25-May 5) also features special recipes and educational content created for women’s health needs, a dedicated Pinterest page and images of Captain Marvel, Nick Fury, Mar-Vell, Talos and Goose the Cat on tens of millions of DOLE Bananas and Pineapples throughout North America.
“Powering the Hero Within” is a 10-week long program where Dole created healthy recipes inspired by Danvers’ transformation. For the collab, Dole’s registered dietitians created special recipes with women’s health and wellness needs in mind.
Fans who participate in the challenge will be directed to nine Dole fruit and vegetable recipes selected for specific nutrient and health benefits important to women. Here is the official info, per Dole’s statement:
“These include Dole’s Coconut Acai Bowl, packed with 10 grams of protein and 12 grams of fiber to break the overnight fast; the antioxidant-rich Berried Treasure Yogurt Cups, which can be prepared in advance to keep blood sugar levels steady throughout the day; Lemon Ginger Spring Vegetable Stir Fry as part of a fiber-rich, heart-healthy diet; and the Power Punch Smoothie, created by Dole specifically for Marvel as a satisfying, nutritious way to support bone health.”
The limited-time, Captain Marvel-inspired Dole Banana stickers and Dole Pineapple hang tags featuring Captain Marvel, Nick Fury, Mar-Vell, Talos and Goose the Cat. Shoppers can find them in U.S. and Canadian supermarkets as of now.
You can find the complete Dole x Captain Marvel recipe series here. You can see Marvel’s Captain Marvel in theaters March 8th.
Check out some of our favorite recipes below.
Cocoa Acai Bowl
- 4 DOLE® Bananas, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted almond butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) frozen unsweetened acai berry pulp
- 2 cups DOLE Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs, optional
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut, optional
- PEEL and slice 2 bananas.
- COMBINE bananas, 1/4 cup almond butter, cocoa powder, acai pulp, 1 cup strawberries, and almond milk in blender container. Cover; blend until smooth. Divide the puree between four bowls.
- PEEL and slice remaining 2 bananas.
- TOP puree with banana slices, remaining 1 cup strawberries, granola, cocoa nibs, coconut, and remaining 1 tablespoon almond butter.
Berried Treasure Yogurt Cups
- 1/4 cup lowfat granola
- 1/2 cup lowfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- 1/3 cup DOLE® Blueberries
- 1/3 cup DOLE Peach, sliced
- LAYER 1/2 granola, 1/2 yogurt, 1/2 honey blueberries in glass. Repeat layers of yogurt, granola and honey.
- TOP with peaches.