Dermelect At The Sachin + Babi NYFW Show
Dermelect was a SOPHISTICATE at the Sachin + Babi NYFW Show
Sachin + Babi kicked off their New York Fashion Week (NYFW) Show on Thursday, September 7th, 2017 at the New York City Bar Association landmark building on West 44th Street. Dermelect was the official nail sponsor of the show with celebrity manicurist, Geraldine Holford as the lead manicurist backstage to prepare the models’ nails for the fashion show.
The concrete colored nails with the silver foil tips are based on the Grand Bazaar markets of Istanbul. The look was inspired by Talitha Getty and Loulou de la Falaise.
The following steps below were followed to complete the look:
- To begin the manicure, she prepped the nails with Dermelect Cosmeceuticals’ Launchpad Nail Strengthener, a peptide-infused base coat that hydrates and strengthens while preventing against chipping and splitting.
- Next, she painted the nails with two coats of Dermelect’s ‘Sophisticate,’ a cool cashmere taupe hue.
- After painting the color, she applied nail foil glue on the tips of each nail and allowed it to dry for several minutes.
- Next, she taped the foil onto the glue- you want the foil tip to resemble the look of a French manicure (the tip should not be too wide and too thin). She used a silver nail foil from www.dollarnailart.com for this look.
- Once each nail has a foil tip, she applied a coat of Dermelect’s gel-like Memento Manicure Extender top coat, which offers a mirror-like shine and a long last-lasting finish.
(When she is working backstage, it is one of her favorite top coats to use because of how quickly it dries.)
- Within minutes, the models can get dressed without worrying about smudging their nails, and better yet, the top coat extends the life of the manicure, maintaining its hi-gloss finish.)
- To complete the metallic French manicure, she applied Dermelect’s Revital-Oil Nail & Cuticle Treatment. This luxurious cuticle oil contains multiple nourishing oils to help soothe and soften the cuticles and protein peptides to strengthen the nails.
Geraldine has been a professional manicurist for the past five years. She told us that she left her corporate job to pursue a career as a manicurist because of her obsession with manicuring.
Also, when asked who her favorite client with who she worked was, she told us, “My absolute favorite is Scarlett Johansson.”
To learn more about Dermelect and Geraldine, follow them on social media for more updates!
Photo Credits: Featured Image: Carissa Lancaster/ Producs: Dermelect.com